This 3.3-hectare farm (8 acres) is at an average altitude of 1,350 meters above sea level and has around 13,500 trees.
Situated right on a brand new paved road Cuatro Caminos is our center of operations, just 10 minutes outside of the town of Boquete.
Already equipped with housing for our workers and their families, Cuatro Caminos is also the location for our brand new, state-of-the-art coffee processing plant and laboratory. With the capacity to de-pulp, dry, peel, sort, classify and store the coffee for our 11 current farms…and more!
At Cuatro Caminos we have developed a vermicomposting system. A biotechnology system that consists of the intensive breeding of Californian Red Earthworms in specialized beds for the transformation of a fresh organic substrate into a more stable one that can be used by plants.
Here, we use the coffee cherry pulp obtained from the peeling process as fresh organic matter and worm food. Through a complex biochemical transformation, the worm acquires nutrients from the pulp and mucilage of the pre-processed coffee. Once it passes through its digestive tract, it is excreted, thus obtaining what we call worm humus. This highly usable product is then returned to the farms.
Also located on this farm is our main nursery which can have up to 100,000 saplings at any one time and our on-site coffee quality testing laboratory.
If you want to check out the farm on Google Earth, it is located in the following coordinates: (8.753124796785414, -82.45839829556644)
Farm Cupping Notes
Catuia washed from Cuatro Caminos Farm
A coffee with character and medium acidity, well pronounced for its altitude. It evokes flavors of chocolate, nuts and a sweetness typical of sugar cane. Shows subtle citrus tones, a creamy body, and a clean and long-lasting aftertaste.
Families Living & Working On This Farm
- Balbina Abrego (plus 3 children)
- Evangelisto Abrego & Balbina (plus 5 children)
- Enrique Abrego & Jessica (plus 3 children)
- Antonio Bejerano & Amalia Andrade (plus 2 children)
- Malaquias Abrego & Sabina Villagra (plus 2 children)
- Eliseo Miranda (plus 1 child)
- Jairo Abrego (plus 2 children)
- Ceferino Abrego (plus 5 children)
- Benicio Garay (plus 1 child)
- Feliciano & Mitzilia Abrego
- Rodolfo & Nereida Miranda
- Rolando Lopez
- Porfirio Miranda & Yaxari Marcuci (plus 1 child)
* Cuatro Caminos Coffee Estates is 100% child & slave labor free.