We’re starting the new year with a joint December 2014/January 2015 blog post on what our staff and our friends are reading in the world of coffee.
What are you reading? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, or by emailing us at [email protected], and we may include it on the ICO blog and newsletter. Thanks to all who sent us their great suggestions for this blog post!
- Call for Abstracts: CoCo Tea 2015, 22-24 June – University of Aveiro, Portugal – Shared by Francois Gaascht (@fgaascht)
- Fairtrade invests in female coffee farmers in Kenya by Global Coffee Report
- Geography of Coffee – by Rachel Quist for GIS Lounge – Shared by Cedric Jeanneret (@Cartocovery)
- Indonesian Coffee Coop Brews Success by Sara Schonhardt for Wall Street Journal
- New Portal Highlights City and Private Sector Climate Action – UNFCCC
- Produção mundial de café deve cair para 141,4 mi/sacas em 2014/15 by Conselho Nacional do Café, Brasil – Shared by Paulo André C. K. (@PauloAndreCK)
- The SCAA Event 2015: The View from the Coffeelands by Michael Sheridan (@coffeelands) for The Specialty Coffee Chronicle (@SCAA)
- Think Africa’s coffee culture is something new? Ethiopia’s been showing us how it’s done for centuries by Samantha Spooner for Mail & Guardian Africa
- Webinar: Growing Coffee without Endosulfan – experiences with cultural controls for Coffee Berry Borer (CBB) by the 4C Association (@4CAssociation)
- Which Coffee Type is Easier on the Stomach: Light or Dark Roast by Shubhra Krishan for care2.com – Recommended by Anna Illy
- A New Farm-to-Cup Model from El Salvador’s Directo Caffè by Nick Brown for Daily Coffee News. Recommended by Directo Caffé (@DirectoCaffe)
- Cheaper beans set to dominate as Asians thirst for instant coffee by Rajendra Jadhav and Meeyoung Cho for Reuters.
- Coffee: A Comprehensive Guide to the Bean, the Beverage, and the Industry edited by Robert W. Thurston, Jonathan Morris, and Shawn Steiman – Recommended by Maurizio Giuli (@giulimaurizio)
- Coffee-producing countries, top consumers and prices by Thomson Reuters Blog
- En Centroamérica, el café tiene nueva vida… como fuente de energía by Katell Abiven for AFP
- Grounded: coffee lovers’ guide to life by Chris Ward (@chrisatcoffice) – Recommended by @Normanito1
- Il ritorno alla competitività dell’espresso italiano by Maurizio Giuli and Federica Pascucci – Recommended by Maurizio Giuli (@giulimaurizio)
- Le Brésil agite les prix du café by Franck Stassi for L’usine Nouvelle
- Prolonged drought, rising temperatures and coffee rust — the growing crisis in Central America by John Magrath for Oxfam’s Policy and Practice Blog
- Puerto Rico aspira a recuperar el café by Jorge J. Muñiz Ortiz for EFE
- Study: Koreans drink more coffee than they eat kimchi by Shuan Sim for International Business Times
- The Impact of Coffee Rust: Assessment of livelihoods and food security of families working in El Salvador’s coffee sector by Alberto Vargas for Oxfam International